Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Change-up: Mystery at the World Series by John Feinstein

Change-up: Mystery at the World Series by John Feinstein
Published: August 11, 2009

Change-up: Mystery at the World Series (Final Four Mystery, #4)
Summary by Goodreads
Bestselling author, journalist, and Edgar Award winner John Feinstein is back with another high-stakes sports mystery. Teen reporters Stevie Thomas and Susan Carol Anderson are covering baseball's World Series, and during the course of an interview with a new hot pitcher, they discover more than a few contradictions in his life story. What's he hiding? An embarrassing secret? A possible crime? Let the investigation begin!

Review
So this book is actually the fourth in a series, which I did not know while I was reading it. Luckily I was able to still  have everything make sense, so you don't have to read the other books before reading this one. And I know, it is a baseball book, but I found it a very enjoyable read. It was mostly a mystery book instead of a baseball one, so you probably won't get bored while reading it. My only thing about the baseball is that I found all the terms and lingo really confusing. But if you're like me, you can just skip all the baseball paragraphs (they don't come up too often) and just read the dialogue in between. Everything still made sense to me and I didn't have to worry about understanding the baseball terms. This was a really good mystery where I had no clue as to how it was going to end. In some mysteries you can always tell what is going to happen, what the story is, but with this one kept changing and adding more puzzle pieces to the mix. Stevie and Susan Carol were a lot of fun as reporters. Stevie was not afraid to follow up on a story, even with all the tasks and dangers in his way. He kept trying to understand the story and find all the pieces, even while other people were cautioning him not to or getting in his way. Susan Carol was more of a supporting character, but she still played a big role in the book. She added more mystery to the whole puzzle and was able to throw a little more drama in their that would have otherwise been lacking. I really enjoyed this book, so even though it is a baseball book I would suggest for you to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment